2023 Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the IAOMS/ALACIBU NextGen Online Conference which will be held April 25 – 27, 2023.
Click on the shortcuts below to go directly to a section of the guidelines.
|Call for Abstracts Opens:||January 16, 2023|
|Abstract Submission Deadline:||March 31, 2023|
|Notification of Review Outcome:||April 20, 2023|
We are looking for research, innovation, ideas, and empirical data on experience, across the spectrum of clinical problems confronting maxillofacial surgeons that will inspire, interest, and assist your colleagues around the globe.
Abstracts are welcome in any one of the following themes:
For this conference, a select number of abstracts from each category will be chosen for publication in an on-line supplement of the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (IJOMS) which will be published three- six months following the conference. There will be no presentations and no posters collected. All abstracts accepted by the Journal must abide by their guidelines and editorial requests. This may include shortening of abstracts before they are published. IAOMS will make the final determination on which pre-recorded video sessions will be posted on the IAOMS website.
Previously Presented or Submitted Abstracts
Abstracts that have been previously published or presented at other conferences will not be considered for publication. Please email email@example.com if you are unsure about submitting previously presented work.
It is ESSENTIAL that you read the guidelines below before you submit. Abstracts which do not adhere to the guidelines will not be reviewed.
The Primary Author must submit the abstract and will act as the main point of contact for the abstract with the abstract reviewers and conference organizers.
Before beginning your abstract submission, please note:
1. All Authors and Co-authors are required to be current, paid 2023 members prior to submission of an abstract. If your Co-author is not a member of the IAOMS they must join before they can be added as a co-author. Coauthors may join the IAOMS here. Once they have done so you may log back in to add them to your abstract submission.
2. To update any personal/professional information for each Author, Authors and Co-authors can log into their IAOMS web site account and update their profile (Click Edit Bio). The Academic or Professional Affiliation field is required and may be updated by completing the Organization field in your web site profile.
1. Log into the abstract portal here
2. Carefully select the meeting for your abstract (IAOMS/EACMFS NextGen Online Conference)
3. Enter your IAOMS account username and password
4. Under User Actions select Submit an Abstract
4. Enter the Title (15 word limit), enter the Co-authors using the author look-up feature. (Please note to look up a Co-author you must enter their e-mail address. If the abstract Co-author does not have an IAOMS account he/she must create an account. You may proceed with the submission process and return to add the Co-author once they have established an account.)
5. Enter the text of the abstract. Note there is a 250 word limit. Do not enter graphs, tables or images. Be sure to include purpose, methods, results, and conclusions.
6. Select the related Abstract Topic
7. Check the Terms and Agreements boxes
8. Click SUBMIT INFORMATION. If you do not plan to make any changes check the yellow box finalizing your submission.
9. Upon submission you will see your abstract listed by title by clicking Open Quick View at the top of the page. If the submission has been finalized it will be noted there as well.
Following submission, the Primary Author will receive an automated e-mail informing noting the submission has been received into the system.
Important: The abstract submission portal is different to the Conference registration; you will use the same username and password to register for the conference and to submit your abstract.
To edit your abstract, log into the platform, locate the abstract you wish to edit, click the identification number next to the abstract title, make edits and click the SUBMIT button. Remember to click the yellow box if your submission is final and you do not wish to make any changes.
All abstracts will go through a blind peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the IAOMS/ALACIBU NextGen Online Abstract Committee. Authors may be contacted by reviewers to request edits to the abstract. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the Primary Author on or before April 20, 2023.
If you need to withdraw the abstract, please contact Kimberly Shadle(firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 20, 2023.
Please contact Kimberly Shadle (email@example.com) with for questions about the guidelines or assistance with the submission process.