Notice: We have received a large number of abstract submissions and we are currently in the process of reviewing them. Abstract authors will be notified of the status of their submission on October 25. If you have questions related to your submission please contact Kimberly Shadle.
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the IAOMS/Asian OMS NextGen Online Conference which will be held October 26-30, 2021.
Please follow the guidelines below to ensure your submission is accepted or download the submission guidelines here. Please contact Kimberly Shadle with any questions related to the guidelines or submission process.
Reminder: Kindly note that active, paid IAOMS membership is required of all authors and co-authors and must be confirmed by November 1. Submissions without corresponding membership will not appear on the IAOMS website after November 1. Inactive and Non-Members have received notices regarding their need to join/renew, however, if you have questions regarding your IAOMS membership status, please contact Katie Cairns. Click to Join/Renew.
Click on the shortcuts below to go directly to a section of the guidelines.
|Call for Abstracts Opens:||July 15, 2021|
|Abstract Submission Deadline:||September 15, 2021 - Final Extension!|
|Notification of Review Outcome:||October 13, 2021|
|Deadline for Accepted Authors to Register:||September 15, 2021 - Final Extension!|
|Deadline for Authors to Join the IAOMS:||October 20, 2021|
We are looking for research, innovation, ideas, and empirical data on experience, across the spectrum of clinical problems confronting maxillofacial surgeons that will inspire, interest, and assist your colleagues around the globe.
Abstracts are welcome in any one of the following themes:
1. Orthognathic surgery (including aesthetic, cleft and anomalies)
2. Pathology (to include rare diseases and reconstructions)
4. Tissue engineering and new technologies
For this conference, abstracts will be collected for publication in an on-line supplement of the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (IJOMS) which will be published three- six months following the conference. There will be no presentations and no posters collected. All abstracts accepted by the Journal must abide by their guidelines and editorial requests. This may include shortening of abstracts before they are published.
The Primary Author of the top three abstracts for each theme will be invited to give an oral presentation at ICOMS 2023 Vancouver and the ACOMS meeting in Korea.
Previously Presented or Submitted Abstracts
Abstracts that have been previously published or presented at other conferences will not be considered for publication. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure about submitting previously presented work.
It is ESSENTIAL that you read the guidelines below before you submit. Abstracts which do not adhere to the guidelines will not be reviewed.
The Primary Author must submit the abstract and will act as the main point of contact for the abstract with the abstract reviewers and conference organizers.
Before beginning your abstract submission, please note:
1. All Authors and Co-authors are required to have an IAOMS account prior to submission of an abstract. If your Co-author has not established an account with the IAOMS please ask them to establish an account here. Once they have done so you may log back in to add them to your abstract submission.
2. To update any personal/professional information for each Author, Authors and Co-authors can log into their IAOMS web site account and update their profile (Click Edit Bio). The Academic or Professional Affiliation field is required and may be updated by completing the Organization field in your web site profile.
1. Log into the abstract portal here
2. Enter your IAOMS account username and password
3. Under User Actions select Submit an Abstract
4. Enter the Title (15 word limit), enter the Co-authors using the author look-up feature. (Please note to look up a Co-author you must enter their e-mail address. If the abstract Co-author does not have an IAOMS account he/she must create an account. You may proceed with the submission process and return to add the Co-author once they have established an account.)
5. Enter the text of the abstract. Note there is a 250 word limit. Do not enter graphs, tables or images. Be sure to include purpose, methods, results, and conclusions.
6. Select the related Abstract Topic
7. Check the Terms and Agreements boxes
8. Click SUBMIT INFORMATION. If you do not plan to make any changes check the yellow box finalizing your submission.
9. Upon submission you will see your abstract listed by title by clicking Open Quick View at the top of the page. If the submission has been finalized it will be noted there as well.
Following submission, the Primary Author will receive an automated e-mail informing noting the submission has been received into the system.
Important: The abstract submission portal is different to the Conference registration; you will use the same username and password to register for the conference and to submit your abstract.
To edit your abstract, log into the platform, locate the abstract you wish to edit, click the identification number next to the abstract title, make edits and click the SUBMIT button. Remember to click the yellow box if your submission is final and you do not wish to make any changes.
All abstracts will go through a blind peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the IAOMS/Asian AOMS NextGen Online Abstract Committee. Authors may be contacted by reviewers to request edits to the abstract. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the Primary Author on or before October 20, 2021.
When notified of acceptance, the Primary Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and ensuring his/her IAOMS membership is up to date. Current IAOMS membership is required for all Primary Authors and Co-authors. If membership is not current by October 20, 2021 the abstract will not be eligible for publication. Please contact Katie Cairns (email@example.com) with membership questions.
Kindly note that abstract authors from Asian countries must also be current members of the Asian Association or Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
If you need to withdraw the abstract, please contact Kimberly Shadle(firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 1, 2021.
Please contact Kimberly Shadle (email@example.com) with for questions about the guidelines or assistance with the submission process.