APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 1, 2023
The IAOMS NextGen Committee is designed to connect OMF surgeons from across the globe, focusing on cultivating young surgeon leaders, fostering networking opportunities, and increasing international awareness of the IAOMS.
Committee Member Role:
Under the leadership of the NextGen Committee Chair, the IAOMS NextGen Committee members are responsible for carrying out the strategic direction established by the IAOMS Board of Directors, working in conjunction with IAOMS leadership and the headquarters staff team to recommend and support programs and initiatives for the NextGen community, and acting as an IAOMS NextGen ambassador. NextGen Committee members will have the opportunity to shape the future of the specialty and our association through this unique leadership opportunity.
The IAOMS NextGen Committee is composed of a NextGen Committee Chair, appointed by the IAOMS Board of Directors, plus no more than twelve (12) of the “next generation” of OMF surgeons, with a minimum of one (1) committee member representing each geographic region.
Committee Member Term:
The NextGen Committee term begins January 1 and remains in effect for two years, concluding December 31.
Committee Member Responsibilities:
- Act as an IAOMS NextGen ambassador by promoting IAOMS and NextGen initiatives and programs through personal connections and social media.
- Record and contribute videos and images to contribute to IAOMS marketing efforts.
- Contribute personal testimonials for use on IAOMS social platforms and marketing/communications such as emails and newsletters.
- Utilize IAOMS NextGen marketing materials to promote NextGen on personal social media platforms or networking platforms of your choice.
Eligibility & Criteria:
All NextGen Committee Members must meet the following criteria:
- All applicants must be current, active members of IAOMS at the time of application and throughout their tenure on the committee
- The NextGen Committee application period is open to applicants who are currently practicing in the OMFS specialty and are under the age of 40.
- Committee terms are renewable for up to two terms. All applicants must reapply and meet eligibility requirements.
- All applicants agree to adhere to the above NextGen Committee responsibilities and expectations and will act as an ambassador for the IAOMS.
- Serve as Liaison to Education Committee for NextGen Programs.
- Applicants must complete the on-line application.
- Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from an IAOMS Fellow, IAOMS Councilor or an officer of the applicant’s national affiliated association.
- Applicants must submit their CV.
Thank you for your interest in the IAOMS NextGen Committee. Please contact Marisa Peacock if you have questions or experience difficulty uploading your application and materials.