IAOMS Advertising Policy
IAOMS adheres to the following policy when reviewing and accepting advertising:
The Association is the sole judge of print and digital advertising submitted for publication and is not obligated to accept any advertisement.
IAOMS reserves the right to decide the where advertisement is placed in publications and Website
The Association reserves the right at all times to refuse or remove any advertisement for any reason and to stop accepting any advertisement previously accepted without incurring any liability to the affected advertiser(s)
Products and services advertised in IAOMS publications, Website or service-related materials must pertain to and be useful to the specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery, and be of interest to oral and maxillofacial surgeons
Advertisements will not be accepted if they conflict with or appear to violate the IAOMS mission, bylaws, and governing rules and regulations, or if the advertisements are deemed offensive in either text or artwork
Advertisements may not include claims that:
- Are not adequately substantiated;
- Exaggerate the benefits of the product or service;or
- Are false or misleading
Advertisements shall not violate any copyright or property right or infringe in any way upon the rights of any individual,organization, corporation or others
Advertisers may be required to provide copies of cited articles or other supportive material for review
The word “Advertisement” will be added at the top of any advertisements that, in the Publisher’s opinion, might be confused with editorial pages
For drugs and devices that require clearance prior to marketing, advertisers must provide evidence of clearance and the claims allowed
Advertisements for tobacco or alcoholic beverages will not be accepted
The Association’s acceptance of advertisements shall not imply a direct affiliation between the IAOMS and its advertisers, and shall not include any perceived endorsement of the advertisers by the IAOMS
The following digital advertisement formats are prohibited:
- Pop-ups and floating ads
- Advertisements that are designed to collect personally identifiable information from visitors to the IJOMS or IAOMSWeb sites without their knowledge or permission.
- Ads that expand across or down the page or send visitors to another site without the visitor having clicked on the ad
- Ads that use Flash technologies
Advertisements may link off-site to a commercial Website, but they shall not prevent the viewer from returning to the IJOMS or IAOMS Websites, and shall not redirect the viewer to a Website the viewer did not intend to visit
The Association reserves the right to not link to or to remove links to other Websites
All material on the Association Website is Copyright ©, IAOMS, All Rights Reserved. IAOMS copyrighted materials may not be reproduced in whole or in part by any third parties without prior written permission from IAOMS, unless content is expressly noted as a free download. Third parties must not present IAOMS Website content as their own, or otherwise misrepresent IAOMS Web content or misinform users about the origin or ownership of the content.
No site may use the IAOMS and or IAOMS Foundation names, logos, or other IAOMS marks in any format without prior written permission from IAOMS
Publisher’s Liability: Publisher shall not be liable for any failure to print, publish, or circulate all or any portion of any issue in which an advertisement accepted by Publisher is contained if such failure is due to natural disasters, strikes, war, accidents, acts of terrorism, or other circumstances beyond Publisher’s control.
For Elsevier policies that governs the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (IJOMS), visithttp://www.elsmediakits.com/journal_home/details/YIJOM.
Indemnification of Publisher: In consideration of publication of an advertisement,the advertiser and the agency,jointly and separately,will indemnify,defend,and hold harmless the publication,its officers,agents,and employees against expenses (including legal fees) and losses resulting from the publication of the contents of the advertisement, including without limitation,claims or suits for libel, violation,or right of privacy,copyright infringements, or plagiarism.
Advertiser’s Liability: Advertisers and advertising agencies assume liability for all content of advertisements printed,and also assume responsibility for any resulting claims made against the Publisher
Cancellations and Changes: Cancellations are not accepted and copy corrections not guaranteed after the closing date(s). On contractor schedule insertions,previous copy will be repeated if changes are not received by the closing date(s).
- Rate Card: Advertiser agrees to comply with the Mechanical Specifications and Dimensions requirements, the Deadlines, the Rates, and all other requirements outlined in the Rate Card for the publication in which Advertiser is placing advertisement(s).
- Payment for advertising is due upon publishing.
For questions about electronic advertising in the IAOMS Face to Face Magazine or IAOMS Website contact:
Lisa Markovic Tel. +1 224 232 8737 Email: email@example.com
For questions about advertising in IJOMS, contact:
Robert Bayliss Tel. +44 20 7424 4454 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising With IAOMS
| (Print and Electronic)
DATE Approved: November 14, 2014
PURPOSE: For use with the following IAOMS Publications:
- Face to Face magazine
- Conference programs
- Other relevant electronic publications
- IAOMS believes that principled and professional advertising that supports the association’s mission and are aligned with the Association’s bylaws and governing rules and regulations may provide members with important information about the products and services available to oral and maxillofacial surgeons worldwide.
- Therefore, the IAOMS accepts print advertising in the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (IJOMS) and ICOMS conference programs, and digital advertising on the IAOMSWeb site (www.iaoms.org), the IJOMS’ Website (www.ijoms.org), the Face to Face Magazine, and other relevant electronic publications.