IBCSCOMS 2016 Certifying Examinations
The International Board for the Certification of Specialists in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (IBCSOMS) continues to move forward with credentialing, examining, and certifying qualified oral and maxillofacial surgeons who meet the standards established that address the needs of the public and specialty internationally.
To date, the IBCSOMS has conducted two (2) certifying examinations in Osaka, Japan. The first examinations were held in March 2015 and forty-seven Japanese candidates participated. The most recent examination was held in Osaka, Japan and participants included candidates from Japan, Turkey, South Korea, the United States, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Namibia. The IBCSOMS certification examinations are indeed becoming international events.
The next scheduled IBCSOMS certifying examinations will be administered in Bangalore, India. The application process for this examination is now available to interested parties at www.ibcsoms.org. Key deadlines can be found below. You are encouraged to direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Examinations - Bagalore, India *
- Application Process Opens: April 1, 2016
- Application Process Ends: July 13, 2016
- Applicants Notified of IBCSOMS Determination: August 5, 2016 (candidates approved to participate should apply for Visa)
- Verification of Examination Participation: August 26, 2016
- Candidates Scheduled for Examination and Notified: September 9, 2016
The MCQ administration will be October 11, 2016.
The oral examinations will be administered October 12-15, 2016.
* Please note that if an appropriate number of candidates have not applied to take the examination by August 26, 1016, the Bangalore, India examinations will be cancelled and those who have applied will be so informed.
Plans are underway for establishing the IBCSOMS 2017 Certifying Examinations. Once the sites and dates are confirmed, that information will be presented on the IBCSOMS website.